Download Links for Application
What is Amazon Echo Dot?
Amazon Echo Dot is an amazing small, smart, and useful product that was designed with an aim to make life easier. This small smart device operates functionalities depends upon the input that needs to be done by using your own voice. To start Amazon Echo Dot device, you just need to say word “Wake” and the device will automatically activated in order to listen your command for further activities.
A smaller version of Amazon Echo Dot also comes into the market with same name and much smart one which allows users to control by using very own voice. In order to use the website, firstly we need to setup Amazon Echo Dot Setup and connect it further with Alexa (Voice assistance) after which commands like play music, make phone calls etc. will be accepted and can perform many other functions as well.
Amazon Echo Dot Features
Amazon Echo Dot is smarter as compared to previous devices launched by Amazon. It comes integrated with some really impressive features that make life easier, and users do not require any extensive knowledge to use them. This smaller version is packed with Alexa in order to accept voice commands in order to execute multiple tasks. Following are few of the features:
- Make phone calls through your current contact list.
- Hands free SMS texting facility.
- Control your IoT enabled smart home devices.
- Operate your automatic garage door.
- Get latest news right with your voice command.
- Learn the latest tips on cooking.
- Set a timer or alarm at specific time.
- Book an Uber ride with Alexa.
- Play your favorite musical track
- Control your Smart TV with voice commands.
- Use Spotify or Amazon Music to play music.
- Alexa can be trained to do practically anything else.
- Connect to the external speaker or headphone with 3.5 mm jack or Bluetooth.
- Seven microphones for better listening, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation.
Common Built-in commands in Echo Dot
Through Alexa, Amazon Echo Dot can be operated where Alexa is a cloud-based voice assistant that accept commands to accomplish a variety of tasks. For example: Playing folk music Amazon at volume six etc. Amazon Echo Dot is capable of accepting any order and have some specific built-in voice commands but needs to have Alexa as prefixed value. Following in-built commands can be executed:
- Alexa, show my calendar
- Alexa, show me the bedroom camera
- Alexa, show me latest movie showtimes
- Alexa, show me the weather forecast
- Alexa, show me my timers
- Alexa, show me a slow cooker recipe
- Alexa, play my downloaded videos on YouTube
- Alexa, what time is it?
- Alexa, what’s the date?
- Alexa, when’s my next alarm?
- Alexa, snooze
- Alexa, read my notifications
- Alexa, create a to-do
How to Alexa Dot Setup and Use Amazon Echo dot
The Amazon Echo Dot Alexa setup process is very easy and needs no technical assistance or knowledge to accomplish the task. It simply requires you to download Alexa app for Echo on your smartphone and login with your own credentials.
- Alexa App for Android:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.dee.app&hl=en_IN
- Alexa App for iOS:https://apps.apple.com/us/app/amazon-alexa/id944011620
However, few users faces installation problem for Amazon echo Dot setup. Following are the easy steps that can be followed to setup Amazon Alexa dot:
Step 2: Plug in the Amazon Echo dot
There is no need of batteries in order to turn on the Amazon Echo device. It simply requires you to plugin into your power socket by utilizing power adapter, which is available with your device kit. Around its ring, a blue color will be started displaying which means that your device is started easily. After some time, blue color will be changed to orange and will great family after prepared.
Step 3: Connect The Amazon Echo Dot to Wi-Fi via The App
Alexa mobile app can be used to connect your Amazon Echo Dot device with a Wi-Fi network. For this, only you need to have Wi-Fi password and need to have prepared device. For installing more Alexa device, it is necessary to select right device from the list given from the menu. In case you are facing trouble, device can be connected with Wi-Fi and hold the action button in order to run color to orange. In last, user can go to Alexa app >> Menu and select your own device.
Setup 4: You are ready to talk to Alexa
When you are ready to talk with Alexa, user just needs to say “wake word” which is a default command for app. If required, you can also change default command by using Amazon, mobile app or computer.
Setup 5: Start using your Amazon Echo Dot
Amazon Echo Dot is finally setup and ready to use. Before starting it, make sure everything is running rightly. For the purpose of testing, user can say any default command such as “Alexa, What is the time now?” or “Alexa, how is the weather in Canada?”.
Facing Echo Dot Registration failure error or Alexa registration failure? Get expert help now.